The Lumen Learning Trust is a multi- academy trust and as such has multiple layers of governance in order to deliver its core purpose. The structure and remit of each layer of governance is explained in the relevant section on this website. The LLT has the following layers of governance:
- Committees of the Directors
- Business Management Committee (includes Pay Committee and Audit Committee)
- Local Governing Body – The Echelford Primary School
- Local Governing Body – Saxon Primary School
- Local Governing Body - Riverbridge Primary School
- In addition the Directors focus their work within the context of subgroups as detailed in the document attached.
The Trust Directors have overarching responsibility for the outcomes of the pupils in all of the schools. Our Executive Principal, Mrs. McCarthy, is a voting member of the Trust board. She is held to account by the Trust Directors and in turn holds the headteachers of each school to account.
The Local Governing Body is an advisory body who supports Mrs. McCarthy and the Trust Directors through their scrutiny of provision through their own observations and monitoring. In this way they are able to offer further challenge for the leadership of the school as well as being able to verify and moderate impact of action on provision.
As prescribed by the Academies Financial Handbook 2017 the following information is also provided on each person who has been involved in the governance during the previous academic year:
- Date of appointment
- Date of termination (if applicable)
- Term of office
- Who appointed them (except for members)
- Relevant business and pecuniary interests
- Governance roles in other educational institutions
- Attendance records at meetings (except for members)