How will the groups work?
We understand that you will naturally have some questions about how the Camp groups will operate this year.
We aim to give you as much information as possible below to answer any questions you may have:
What will the groups look like?
- Children will be placed in groups of 20 each day.
- We will try to keep the children in each group consistent with as little change as we can manage throughout the three weeks.
- Each group will remain with the same members of staff for the duration of a Camp day.
Will groups stay the same for all three weeks?
- We will be unable to keep the same children in each group for all three weeks of the Camp due to the nature of the ad hoc days we offer which means that the children attending each day (even in the same week) will change.
- A particular group will not be in the same room for all three weeks of the Camp.
- Groups will not be in place for our wraparound care at the Early and Late Club or while travelling on the minibus.
Can my child be in a group with their friends if they have booked the same day at Camp?
Our Camp tailors the delivery of activities based on the age of the children to ensure every child is able to participate fully throughout the Camp day. Parents are able to book sessions up until 48 hours prior to a session starting and so the number of attendees of a particular age range will fluctuate, often on a daily basis.
We understand though that children will want to be with a familiar face at Camp if at all possible.
You are welcome to email through to us the name/s of the children your child is friends with who has also booked for the same day (with their parent's consent of course). Please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Groups and friends' so we can ensure there is no delay in the email going to the right person.
Our Camp Leaders will look at what we can do to ensure your child is not alone in their group when these are being put together. Whilst we cannot guarantee they will be with all their friends we will do what we can to make them as comfortable as possible at Camp.