Announcement 26th June 2020
Lumen 2020 Summer Camp to go ahead!
We are delighted to announce that our 2020 Summer Camp will be open as planned from Monday 20th July to Friday 7th August 2020 at our Saxon school site. Our Camp team are looking forward to providing the children with a wonderful opportunity to come together with their peers and enjoy a summer schedule of exciting activities.
There are currently spaces available for each day session which are priced at £28.00 per day or £126.00 for a week block booking. We are also able to offer a minibus service for a nominal charge of £1.00 per return journey but do hurry to book a seat as places are extremely limited for some dates.
We understand that you will naturally have some questions about how the Camp will operate this year. So that you can make a fully informed decision, we ask that you consider the following:
What we will be able to do:
- Children will be placed in bubbles of 15 each day.
- We will try to keep the children in each bubble consistent with as little change as we can manage throughout the three weeks.
- Each bubble will remain with the same members of staff for the duration of a Camp day.
- Maintain good hand hygiene throughout the day with touchpoint cleaning every lunchtime and thorough cleaning each evening by our cleaning contractors.
- Children will be asked to use hand sanitiser as they enter the minibus each morning and afternoon. Windows will be open to allow for ventilation. If a parent would like their child to wear a facemask on the minibus we are happy for you to provide one and we will assist your child in using it.
- Provide activities that entertain and stimulate children be it sports, arts, crafts, water play or even dance and dressing up.
What we won’t be able to do:
- Keep the same children in each bubble for all three weeks of the Camp. One of the things parents love about our Camp is being able to book ad hoc days which means that the children attending each day (even in the same week) will change.
- Keep a particular bubble in the same room for all three weeks of the Camp.
- Use bubbles in our wraparound care at the Early and Late Club or while travelling on the minibus.
- Keep a distance of 1 metre between children on our minibus routes. Children will though be asked to sit facing forward at all times and hygiene measures will be used.
- Use the swimming pool this year. It is a huge disappointment for us that the children will not be able to enjoy swimming activities but we must abide by the guidance provided by Public Health England. Your child’s safety is paramount in our minds and so with a heavy heart we must accept that the pool needs to remain closed.
We understand that after reading the above you may be uncomfortable with your child attending our Camp. As a parent or carer, we will completely respect your decision. Therefore, if you have already purchased sessions for your child/ren and now wish to cancel your booking, we will accommodate this. Given the exceptional circumstances this year we have reduced our cancellation period to obtain a full refund from 21 days before a session to 14 days to allow you time to consider what suits you, your child and your family best. If you do decide to cancel any sessions booked please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are delighted to announce that we will be operating a Summer Camp from Monday 20th July to Friday 7th August 2020 at our Saxon Primary School site in Shepperton.
Led by Pippa Kober and Hannah Redman and staffed by teachers and teaching assistants drawn from our Lumen staff teams, parents can be confident about the quality care their children will receive. A wide variety of activities will be on offer each day so there will be something for everyone to enjoy including exclusive use of Saxon's swimming pool.
Due to popular demand parents can book places for children aged 3 years again in 2020 and we will be running a separate programme for our youngest children.
What's new for 2020?
We are thrilled to be able to offer an Early Club and Late Club for those working parents who need a little more flexibility from their childcare arrangements. Extended hours mean that the Camp can accommodate children from 8.10am through to 5.45pm. Places will be limited for these Clubs so book early to avoid disappointment.
We will also be offering a limited number of chargeable daily spaces for children aged 12-16 to attend Camp which we know parents of older siblings would find extremely useful.
The children will have the opportunity to assist Camp staff in a work experience set-up - they can even have their own Camp staff t-shirt to wear! Opportunities for work experience can be difficult to find so combining childcare with an exciting chance for your child to build their teamwork skills and problem solving resilience within a safe environment may be something you would like to consider.
A new minibus route will be available to and from our Walton Oak school site as well as extra seats available for Echelford and Riverbridge parents to book. A nominal charge of £1.00 per daily return journey will be introduced for 2020 to allow us to extend our offering but we believe it remains an affordable and unique service that cannot be provided by other local summer childcare providers. Places will remain limited and can be booked on a first come first served basis via our online portal.
How much does the Camp cost?
|Early bird offer daily rate until end of day 19th April||£25.00 per day|
|Daily rate if booked after 19th April||£28.00 per day|
|Early bird offer weekly rate if booked until end of day 19th April||£125.00 per week|
|Weekly rate if booked after 19th April||£126.00 per week|
How can I book?
Our online registration and booking portal will open on Monday 3rd February for bookings. For those families that booked our 2019 Camp your log in details and registered children will remain in place, saving you time when booking your required sessions. Please click here to be taken to our booking and payment portal page which includes a link to the portal.