Our Founding Principles
- Education is emancipatory; it enables opportunities and choices about how to live your life
- Provision must be driven by children's needs - the provision supports and enables them to become happy, successful adults who can treat everyone in their community with respect, regardless of differences
- Every community school should be at least Good. No family should feel they have to travel or move house to be able to go to the 'good' local school. All local schools should be good.
- Every community is unique and the school serving it should respect and reflect that individuality; one size does not fit all
- Every teacher is a future school leader
Our Overarching Strategy
- Talent spotting in staff at all levels, supported by a wide range of development opportunities
- Identifying capacity in all aspects of the community; where are the community's strengths? How can we use them to achieve our goals for our children?
- Clear lines of accountability
- Clear and candid communication; credit where it is due and holding to account where necessary
- Relentless focus on the best possible outcomes for the children
Our trust's name gives an insight into our vision for our schools. Education, we believe, is the basis for a secure future, a brighter future. By providing a firm foundation through primary education, we are enabling our children to achieve the qualifications they need to gain the employment they want so they can live the lives they want to live.