Drop off & Pick up at Camp
We are busy making the final preparations for Summer Camp and are already excited to share our programme of activities with the children. We are writing to share the collection and drop off arrangements at Camp, which have changed in response to government guidelines during the Coronavirus pandemic.
We will be using two drop off and collection points at the Saxon School site, both of which are accessed via the main entrance on Briar Road.
- Children who are confident to enter Camp by themselves, can be dropped at the main gate. As your child becomes familiar with Camp, we would encourage them to enter independently to reduce the number of parents entering and exiting the school site.
- On entering the school please use the pathway. On exiting the school please walk on the driveway. Please be aware that the minibuses will need to enter and exit using the driveway during collection and drop off. As the minibus enters/exits, please stand to one side until it has passed.
- A member of staff will be on duty to direct you to where you need to drop off your child, and can advise you as to where you will need to collect your child at the end of the day.
- Please can we ask that only one adult accompanies their child onto the school grounds to reduce the number of adults on the premises at one time.
- Parents entering the school should walk down the pathway where you will find a board advising where to collect your child from. If you are directed to the:
- KS2 playground, continue to the left where the path is divided by a yellow line – please keep left. Parents are asked to wait on a marked yellow line in the playground for their child to be dismissed to them. When exiting, please use the left hand side of the pathway and then walk on the driveway to leave the school grounds.
- KS1 gate, please use the cones in the car park to wait for your child to be dismissed to you. When exiting, please use the driveway and keep to the left hand side as you leave school site.
- Parents have been asked to provide a password for collection for their child. If you need a reminder of what this is, please email the Lumen Summer Camp Admin Team. Until the team feels confident with the familiar adults who are collecting children, they will ask you to share this password upon collection at the gate/on the playground.