Drop off & collection arrangements
We will be using two drop off and collection points at the Saxon School site, both of which are accessed via the main entrance on Briar Road.
Camp begins at 8.30am each day and ends at 4.30pm.
- On entering the school, please use the pedestrian pathway. On exiting the school, please walk on the driveway. Please be aware that the minibuses will need to enter and exit using the driveway during collection and drop off. As the minibus enters/exits, please stand to one side until it has passed.
- Signage will be displayed and members of staff will be on duty to direct you to where you need to drop off your child. The gate where you drop off your child in the morning will be the point you will need to return to when collecting them at the end of the day.
- Please can we ask that only one adult accompanies their child onto the school grounds to reduce the number of adults on the premises at one time.
- Parents entering the school should walk down the pedestrian pathway where signage will be displayed to remind you where to collect your child from. If you are directed to the:
- KS2 playground, continue to the left where the path is divided by a yellow line – please keep left. Parents are asked to wait on a marked yellow line in the playground for their child to be dismissed to them. When exiting, please use the left hand side of the pathway and then walk on the driveway to leave the school grounds.
- KS1 gate, please use the cones in the car park to wait for your child to be dismissed to you. When exiting, please use the driveway and keep to the left hand side as you leave school site.
- Parents have been asked to provide a password for collection for their child. If you need a reminder of what this is, please email the Lumen Summer Camp Admin Team. Until the team feels confident with the familiar adults who are collecting children, they will ask you to share this password upon collection at the gate/on the playground.
As in other years our Camp has operated at the Saxon site, the back gate will not be open each day. We appreciate this may be somewhat of an inconvenience to our parents but we want to be in a position where we can ensure the safety of the children is paramount by using one entry and exit and also that staff are most effectively used in areas within the Camp during set up and end of day procedures.